This week I focused on getting the both of them to play fetch, but as I quickly figured out they aren’t down for a fair game. They were both great and going for the toy, but they could never understand that they needed to return it as well. I also found it challenging to train them together, because they would just fight over who had what toy, even if they were the same! That being said, it was difficult to train them separately because I couldn’t keep one inside when the other was having so much fun outside. After the week it is still a work in progress for both of them, and some more conversation with my neighbour on how I should approach this skill with them! Until next time.
Going into the dry run of teaching a lesson plan in front of the class it was overwhelming at first, but it turned out to be such a learning experience. There was eight of us in a group which made it difficult to split up roles, but it really gave me a good sense of how to collaborate with a big group of my peers creating a music lesson plan. We decided to take the “Rain Chant” and break it down to rhythm and beat. I found it beneficial to work with rhythm and beat because it made me more comfortable with it moving forward. During the lesson it was difficult to co-teach with seven other people, so I hope with our next lesson plan moving forward it won’t be so crowded. With that being said, I still leant so much from building the lesson plan, and the feedback form my peers. It was great to also see my peers step up and build other resources for us all to use and share in the future. I am excited to begin to work on our next lesson plan, and hopefully during practicum I have the opportunity to put these resources to work.